Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Deep Rising: Thoughts & Poem



At the very bottom and depth of it all we are creatures of hope. I have hit the bottom of my present abyss and now I slowly, calmly rise back to the surface for air ... if I am not careful I will continue in my ascent, becoming airborne. 

I am a creature that must seek comfort and ease, both in water and in air. Watch me fly. Watch me soar to great height and depth in both mediums. As a fish fears open air so does the bird the lack of it.  Hope is in the air. I sink to depths so compressed, and heights so expanded as to remove it almost completely.  At these extremes of the mind killer I remember hope. I remember to conserve the breath of hope, to find my depth, and breathe in context. 

Breathe. 

Soar to the highest heights and lowest depths of Hope. 

Return. 

Breathe again. 

I am renewed. 

In this life I hope to die a thousand deaths, for in each rising I am more. In each rising I see that I AM.

Deep Rising

I do not fear the deep
I do not fear the darkness
There's beauty in the black
and wonder in the starkness

Tiny light of hope's bearing
a guiding pole of starlight
leads me in my daring
and orients me upright

Magnetic fields and frequencies
I can feel, alive, a buzz in me
full of pain and ecstasy
the highs and lows make wrecks of me

I've gone so high and deep in song 
You knew not how far I was gone
Gorging on the surplus
I keep my tether at the surface,
a bobbing head that looks like Ron.

I hope some day to do it
without even letting on.
Swimming in the current
like a salmon off to spawn

Then, maybe then
They will leave me to my own
to find my zany zen
or bury my favorite bone

I have found my soul
within every animal
the cycles of life, and eternity
I have lived them full

This is what I know, alive resides in me
As I'm rising from the deep
Death holds not my energy
I AM just waking again from another sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment